So I settled into my daily internet routine of checking e-mail, Facebook, MySpace, Failblog, etc., when I realized that it was exactly one year ago today that I officially arrived in South Florida to make it my new home. And as always, a lot of stuff has changed in one whole year. When I got down here, I had no job. A year later, I'm on job number 2. (But have no fear...I'm intent on staying at this one for a while. Really. I promise. That's the plan, ok?) When I got down here, my trusty and beloved tank (aka my '98 Corolla) had no problems adjusting to the heat and gave me very little trouble. Until the door latch fell apart in a parking lot 2 months ago, forcing me to re-attach it with masking tape and drive home at a maximum speed of 45 mph lest the tape fail and the door flew open. A year later, I have a new(ish) car. May The Tank rest and rot in various stages of disassembly at the U-Pull-It Lot. (Remind me to tell you about my adventure at the U-Pull-It. It's ...
Comments