Not quite ready to open the floodgates

I thought for a bit before pulling out my tiny little notebook and writing something. And in the few seconds that it took for me to mentally prepare myself to access the emotional in-box...well, I almost started crying right there at my desk. That would have been bad. Randomly bursting into tears at work is never a good thing.

Hence, no poetry yet.

But I'm sure there will be lots to write about.

The silence has returned. I believe it shall be permanent. On my end at least. I'm tired of fighting for something only to turn around a week or two later and wonder what the hell I was fighting for. Since I have been burdened with the fact that I am a highly intelligent female (in a world where intelligent guys marry their less intelligent secretaries), I realized this has turned into a mind game.

Reverse Telephone Chicken.

9 days and counting. And I'm not even thinking about dialing.

So I pay for my own damn gas money and my own hotel room. *gasp* I'm a evil feminist because I can open my own door (when I feel like it), pay for the movie tickets, and actually make a freakin' decision or two. And this is 2005, not 1905 - I'm perfectly capable of walking on the part of the sidewalk that's closer to the street. It's not that big of a deal.

Plus, it's gotta be hard to be chivalrous when your girlfriend has to pick you up and drive you everywhere.

I guess next time I'll have to giggle and bat my eyelashes and pretend I have no interest in anything whatsoever except makeup, clothes, celebrity gossip, and Cosmo.

And whoever thinks that it must be great to be beautiful and smart and have a sense of humor obviously doesn't have it like that. Trust me: it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Especially when a woman's chances of finding a lasting relationship decrease for every 10 points higher her IQ is.


In other words, men suck. That is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So. Over. It.

366 days* of insanity...and counting!