Ha.

HA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Omg, that was hilarious. HILARIOUS!

Did you read that last post? Jesus TF Christ.

So I found those things that I was worried I would definitely find. Found a sad, pathetic dude who lied - LIED - about his job. Lived in a condo under his mama's name that I'm pretty sure was retirement housing. Claimed he was going to school...maybe he was...but failed a pop quiz. Then he used said class as an excuse to get out of coming to Rutgers Christmas, then said he would go, then LIED about why he was two hours late, then was the first one to leave and took his bottle of Ciroc (that I purchased, mind you) with him.

Gawd.

The good news is that I'm single.

I still have the best job ever. Got promoted to manager in five months. Built a kick-ass team. Merger announcement dropped last October. Got serious about grad school, applied to Penn State. Got accepted. Had panic attack. My right-hand man at work is messing up and will probably get fired within the week. Class starts tomorrow.

Dumped my disaster twin, my best friend of sixteen years, because he forgot how to act like a friend. Zero fucks given. Dropped out of my sorority chapter, because they were on some seriously shady bullshit. Zero fucks given. Didn't speak to my sister for nearly a month because she did something unspeakably disrespectful. Zero fucks given. We're speaking again...kinda. Time will tell.

Joined a theater club so I get to see Broadway shows on a regular basis. Got a tip on "Hamilton" tickets at just the right moment and saw it with Mom last November. We saw Audra McDonald in "Shuffle Along" too! Rode the front car of the Seattle Monorail and got to honk the horn. Took the best photograph of my life so far from the top of the Space Needle. Guided the world's shadiest Hollywood tour bus to downtown LA and got to see Stevie Wonder in concert as a reward. Drank my face off at Oktoberfest in NYC. Took up cross stitching as a hobby. Screwed a Nordstrom saleslady out of her commission because she pointed me toward the clearance handbags first. Bought a Kate Spade bag (love at first sight - the heavens parted, the sun beamed upon it, and I said "Hello, gorgeous.") at full price. Walked on the ice at the Prudential Center after a hockey game and snuck a bad selfie from the penalty box. Witnessed two Mitzvah Tank parades. Skirted imminent train disasters by commuting by bus. Watched Viola Davis give the dopest award acceptance speeches. Promised Louboutins to a newborn preemie and came through on my promise when she got out of the NICU. Bought a new car. Going to physical therapy. I buy weird Japanese candy and snacks in Edgewater. Saw a bagpipe rock band at a beer festival that included Revolutionary War reenactments. Spent an entire weekend without internet or cell service.

Las Vegas.
The Grand Canyon.
The Catskills.
New Hampshire.
Anaheim (across the street from Disneyland, but still so far, dammit).
San Diego.
These are the places I'll be traveling to this year.

I'm single and I love it.
My work is challenging and I love it.
I do fun things with my friends and I love it.
I'm trying to love the idea of grad school, but still kinda pooping my pants about it.
Still in my apartment, but I love it.
I'm a beer drinking, tv watching, nerdy crafting, gummy bear eating, f-bomb dropping human resources manager, and I love it.

The other shoe could drop tomorrow. I always see it, hanging up there from a telephone line, just waiting to fall and hit me in the head and mess things up. But from what I've gathered so far, I'll be all right. This kid stays in the picture, baby. She always bounces back.

Bring it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber-death

Doing better today.