ahhh....what a weekend. what a wonderfully amazing weekend. i did absolutely nothing. seriously. but let me back up to friday first. there was this halloween party going on at 10 buffa (rutgers band-speak for a house notorious for excellent parties), and we were definetly going to be there. but, we needed costumes. so we decided that liz and i were going to be hookers and andre was going to be our pimp. got some fishnet stockings, and we were set. andre was dressed in black with liz's sunglasses, liz had a black tank top and leopard print skirt with fishnet stockings, and i had my black suede halter top with denim daisy dukes and fishnets. we looked awesome as hell, and made an awesome entrance. partied our butts off, slept over, and came back to the dorms. we had also been invited to another halloween party last night, but i decided not to go. so liz and andre went to long branch and i stayed in my room. and did absolutely nothing. i mean nothing. i sat and watched tv all day long, and didn't leave my room except to eat. it felt so good to not have to do anything. i didn't even call anybody. and whenever i got bored or lonely, i just thought about what i've been doing every saturday for the past 2 months. that cured it real quick. i'm saying: no 8am report times, no loading stuff onto a bus, no rehearsals, no pregame parades, no stupid subs, no abysmal football games, no drums, no busses, no triplets (drumline-speak for the irritating freshman snare drummers), no uniforms, no exhibitions, no wasted saturdays, nothing! i did absolutely nothing and it was the best feeling in the world! i feel relaxed, rejuvenated....happy! hellz yeah! hee hee hee hee hee hee! well, that's about it for now. see yall's later!
Dear Dad, Who knows why I'm putting this in my ancient blog? Why I'm posting it to the internet. Shouting into the void and simultaneously preserving this forever. I guess it's the easiest way to get my thoughts down. Typing can be easier than writing, and it helps me get the words out faster without editing myself. I think about you every day, and I feel like I have more questions than answers, Something moved me to fire up the blog and write, so here I am. It's been a little over seven months since you've been gone. Thinking about the days and months and years leading up to that point feel like a temporal version of the Stations of the Cross. I don't know where the Beginning of the End actually sits in that timeline, but Christmas feels like a good starting point. The last Christmas that we all spent together. Did the tree fall down at all that year? If it didn't, was it a sign that we missed? My birthday dinner in Newark: Mom usually covers the check,...
Comments