And so it was...

The change was good!

Landed that job that I mentioned in the last post. Nailed it. Best job of my life!

But there's other changes too.

I think I have a boyfriend. Well, I know I have a boyfriend. I just haven't been able to say it yet. Hell, we're not even Facebook friends yet. (Friend request pending...he's not on there a lot...but I know he's going to approve it.) You know how every time you meet someone, you say that things are different this time, and it's going to be different...but it ends up ending the same way? (Obviously it ends the same way...because it ends.)

I know this time is totally different. We met differently. We had a real first date. And then a real second date. Then I got so freaked out that I almost bolted...almost shut the entire thing down in fear of getting emotionally destroyed again. I'm glad I didn't.

Things are so...equal. Similar upbringing, shared goals and philosophies, equal footing on terms of marriage (no previous ones) and kids (both want them). He's funny and kind and smart and driven and...he's just awesome. A good person. I find myself optimistic about where I see things going, because I know that I'd want to be in a partnership with him. #squadgoals. I'm not excited about where this could go because I'm finally going to do the next thing that I'm supposed to do...that's how I felt all of the previous times. Early on in other relationships I'd notice things where I'd go, "eh, not a fan of that, but I'll make it work." This time around, I haven't seen that. Yet. I hope I don't. And if I do, I want it to be something that truly is forgiveable or workable, not something that's going to be a disaster in the future.

We have flaws. We're not perfect. We can't cook (but we'll learn)! But we agree that relationships are 50-50. We're equally into this. It's different - and I hope it stays that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber-death

Doing better today.