Apparently I won't have to move to Canada after all. According to this map, I already live there!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
Dear Dad, Who knows why I'm putting this in my ancient blog? Why I'm posting it to the internet. Shouting into the void and simultaneously preserving this forever. I guess it's the easiest way to get my thoughts down. Typing can be easier than writing, and it helps me get the words out faster without editing myself. I think about you every day, and I feel like I have more questions than answers, Something moved me to fire up the blog and write, so here I am. It's been a little over seven months since you've been gone. Thinking about the days and months and years leading up to that point feel like a temporal version of the Stations of the Cross. I don't know where the Beginning of the End actually sits in that timeline, but Christmas feels like a good starting point. The last Christmas that we all spent together. Did the tree fall down at all that year? If it didn't, was it a sign that we missed? My birthday dinner in Newark: Mom usually covers the check,...
...or Leap Day lyrical stylings, if you will. The following is a freestyled IM that I sent my sister last Friday after returning from some errand for work. For background, I'll let you know that the two of us dubbed last month "Emobruary" due to all of the random maladies and misfortune that we encountered over those 29 wretched days. Anyway, here it goes: backety back back back like the mack that i am/ rockin' on a friday and i don't give a damn/ cuz the weather's warm and the sun is sunny/ and i'm just freestylin cuz i think it's funny/ and i figure you could use a laugh and a smile/ it's somethin' you haven't done in quite awhile/ later we'll be at hard rock/ networkin' and manhuntin'/ separate the ballers from the ones just frontin'/ so be glad it's friday/ TGIF/ and jus kick back and chill/ cuz my rhymes are so def! I achieved the desired effect of making my sister smile. Just thought I'd share it with y'all...
...how general malaise and discontent can easily be solved with a couple pitchers of Yuengling and a good long talk about the good old days. Actually, the "good old days" weren't all that long ago. But long enough ago to reminisce, laugh, and cringe about. But at the end of the day, it's nice to kick back with someone who knew you "back in the day," and just drink and talk and chill. Often it's the basic and simple things in life that we enjoy the most.
Comments